~ Welcome to Atisha Centre ~
in beautiful Bendigo bush
How to get there…
Atisha Centre is nestled in the quiet native
bushlands of central Victoria, near Bendigo.
It is located about 15 minutes North West
of Bendigo CBD, on Sandhurst Town Road.
- At the Charing Cross Fountain intersection in Bendigo’s CBD, take a left and travel up View Street.
- Turn left at the first traffic lights into Barnard Street.
- At the next set of traffic lights turn right and travel up Eaglehawk Road, until you reach Eaglehawk.
- At Eaglehawk Town Hall, take the left fork onto the Loddon Valley Highway (B260 to Kerang and Swan Hill).
- Drive about 3 kilometres and turn left into Allies Road next to the Allies Hotel.
- Cross the railway line.
- After 4 kilometres, turn right into Sandhurst Town Road (sign for “Great Stupa”).
- Take the first entrance on the left up to Atisha Centre.
The Centre can be approached via the Calder Highway (A79 to Mildura) bypassing Bendigo.
- Approximately 22 kilometres before Bendigo, exit the Calder Highway left, at the Marong turn-off.
- In 20 kilometres, at Marong, cross the railway line and immediately turn right.
- After 200 metres turn left onto Allies Road.
- After 4 kilometres turn left onto Sandhurst Town Road (signpost “Great Stupa”).
- In Sandhurst Town Road, turn left into the first driveway, through the gate and follow the signs to Atisha Office, reception and parking area.